A certain jet-lagged eleven year old texted me from school:
“Can you pick me up from school. Got highlighter in my mouth and now my stomach is really hurting.”
You will be shocked to hear that I ignored him. And then, hours later, another text finds it’s way to me:
“When are you coming?”
I organized a retrieval, albeit only 90 minutes before the end of the day. (Nobody wants to feel like a complete patsy. Least of all me.)
Kid was just fine. Once I got him home, within the vicinity of both the fridge and the TV, I never heard another word about the offending office supply.
I did, however, find him doing some research later that day:
“CAN YOU DIE FROM EATING A HIGHLIGHTER?”
I still have no idea how said highlighter ended up being consumed.